Among international Human Rights Organizations, the most famous is the Human Rights Watch. It is a non-governmental organization with headquarters in the United States and representative offices in more than 70 countries. The main goal for HRW is protection and the development of internationally agreed human rights: civil, cultural, economic, political, and social.
HRW staff include professionals in various fields from over 40 countries. They create a powerful and influential team that builds a better world together. They attract the attention of the whole globe to violence, harassment, and other crimes against humanity. Therefore, there are plenty of candidates who want to get a Human Rights Watch job in order to fight for human dignity and protect their rights.
Human Rights Watch jobs. Pros of joining the HRW
The Human Rights Watch staff values its employees and provides them with many privileges. Among the main advantages are such as:
- Competitive salary;
- Health Insurance for the workers and their families paid by employer;
- Life Insurance;
- A significant contribution to the retirement;
- Paid time off;
- Friendly and supportive environment;
- Wellness resources.
As you can see by becoming a part of the HRW team, you will be able to enjoy all these advantages and become a valuable member of a powerful organization that impacts the quality of people’s lives.
Human Rights Watch jobs. Employment types at the HRW
Applicants can specify their employment types and select a job in keeping with their criteria. There are four main categories according to the candidate’s experience and preferences:
- Professional or Managerial (if you already have significant experience in this field);
- Early career (when it is a beginning of your occupation in this specialty);
- Fellowship (where an applicant can get experience and practice in order to start the career in the HRW);
- Internship or Volunteer (for those who want to receive training and get to know the organization work for the future).
Thus, by specifying one of these types, you will get a list of vacancies matching your choice which makes a job selecting process easier and more comfortable.
Human Rights Watch jobs. Applying for a job
In order to apply for a Human Rights Watch job, the applicants have to visit an official online job portal (https://careers.hrw.org). There you can find out about the main principles of the HRW job and some general information. Those who are interested in getting a job in this sphere should press on the “view all jobs” segment. Then follow a simple procedure:
- Job selections. Use filters in order to search for appropriate positions for you. Here the candidates can specify the type of job, location, and department they want to work for. Then press “submit” and move to further steps.
- Open vacancies and their descriptions. The applicants have an opportunity to see available positions matching their preferences and read more about requirements and other job specifications.
- Fill out the application form. Here the candidates ought to specify their data and attach CV and cover letter.
- Custom Demo Questions. This questionnaire is voluntary. If the applicants are willing to help the HRW in their work, they can answer some simple general questions.
- Submit application. After this step, the candidates will get a further notification via email.